You want to show more love and appreciation to your pup, and Big Daddy Biscuits can help you with that. Our all-natural dog biscuits are handmade using fresh ingredients, and they’re sure to make your best friend’s day even better.
You can find our biscuits in stores across metro Atlanta and select cities in the United States, or online.
Harmful Ingredients to Avoid Feeding to Your Dogs
Your dog’s birthday is coming up, and you want to surprise them with something more special than extra treats. Try using Big Daddy Biscuits to create a cake masterpiece that will have your pet’s tail wagging. You can find many puppy friendly cake recipes online, but it’s extremely important to know the ingredients that can harm your dog.
Avoid using these following ingredients when making a cake for your pup:
- Raisins and
These baking essentials can cause serious health problems and, in large enough amounts, are considered toxic for your pet. Sugar and salt can cause tummy issues while ingredients like chocolate can cause damage to their organs.
Safe Ingredients for Your Dog’s Cake
Have no fear: it is indeed possible to make a cake for your dog using all-natural ingredients that won’t cause health or digestive problems.
- Carob: This chocolate substitute contains no caffeine or theobromine (the poisonous chemical for dogs) and actually has healthy properties like vitamins and minerals.
- Flour: Regular flour is fine, but if you want to be extra cautious, use whole wheat.
- Oats: They’re a great source of fiber and are beneficial to a dog’s health.
- Honey: This nectar is a perfect natural sweetener that replaces sugar.
- Peanut butter: Pups can absolutely enjoy this popular treat. Try using all-natural peanut butter that’s free of added sugar and preservatives.
- Fruit: Some fruits like bananas and apples are safe for pets, but be careful of the cores and seeds as they can be toxic to canines.
Time to Make a Cake
This recipe courtesy of Joanna Meyer is the perfectly safe and yummy treat to make for your happy pup that even humans can enjoy too!
Banana Carob Oat Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting
2 ripe bananas, mashed
4 tbsp. honey
2 cups water
3 cups whole wheat flour
½ tbsp. baking powder
1 cup rolled oats
½ cup carob chips
1 cup peanut butter
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat an 8-inch cake pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
With an electric hand mixer or spoon, mix the bananas, 3 tablespoons honey, egg, and water in a large bowl until combined. Add the flour, baking powder, and oats. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and sprinkle the carob chips on top.
Bake the cake for 1 hour, and use the toothpick test to see if the cake is done. Allow to cool for 30 minutes.
While the cake cools, make the frosting. Mix the peanut butter and remaining 1 tablespoon of honey in a bowl until smooth. Using a spatula, spread the peanut butter frosting over the cake.
Use Big Daddy Biscuits to decorate the cake! Line the side of the cake with our biscuits or place a mix of crushed up biscuits and carob chips to sprinkle on top or press on the sides. Use your imagination and get creative!
Make a Cake for Your Pup Using Big Daddy Biscuit Treats in Atlanta
When you make a yummy cake using our yummy, organic dog biscuits, you’re already making your dog’s wish come true.
Order your dog’s birthday biscuits online today.